{Audrey} My experience at the FMD




Hello guys, Audrey here to share with you my experience at the FMD 2014 (Festival Mode & Design). I’m very excited to do it as it is my first article on this blog and I can’t wait to share my impressions will all of you. First of all, I have to say that it was my first time at the Festival so I had no idea what to expect from this event. I knew there were going to be some fashion shows and a great deal of booths with clothes and accessories but that was about it. I was pleasantly surprised by the set-up although it could have been a little bigger so we could walk around and have more things to visit on the spot. The big fashion runway at the entrance was definitely the highlight of the event. It looked really majestic with its huge screen and the catwalk that was elevated off the ground. It was a bit like a dream coming true for a girl like me who has always been impressed by fashion shows growing up. The music was blasting out loud, the people were smiling and the weather was perfect for an outside event like this one.


Anyway, I have to say that the booths were a great part of the event. We got to see fashion companies showing off their autumn collection for this season and it was neat to get so much inspiration about what’s trending and what we have to look out for. There was also a booth displaying new creations from college students. I thought it was a nice way to promote new talents and give them the proper visibility to start in the business. I also liked the little fashion show taking place near those booths. It had to be one of the most creative shows I’ve ever seen. The models were doing the runway but weren’t just posing for the photographers. Instead, they also stopped to take pictures of the crowd. I had never seen this concept before and it just blew me away. I thought it was a really smart way to interact with the crowd. They took selfies with some people to demonstrate that everyone could be part of the show. I believe those pictures were being displayed on the huge screen back at the entrance with the hashtag #fmd, promoting the activities occurring during the day.


The fashion show taking place during the night was definitely impressive to say the least. The original clothes, the lights and the music really played a huge part on this runway success. I had the chance to be standing really near the catwalk so I could take amazing pictures and enjoy
 the small details the show had to offer.

More pictures coming up soon

Overall, I thought it was a great event for fashion lovers. It was free, easy to access and it wasn’t as crowded as I thought it would be. I was only there for a day but I know there was a lot more to see during those four days at La Place-des-Arts. Would I go again? I think so. I like how Montreal gets a good opportunity to showcase itself as a great city for the fashion industry to blossom. I think this kind of event is perfect to give us visibility on that front and it was all done in a really tasteful and interesting manner.


Makeup & Hairstyle

Prior to going to the FMD, I had my makeup and hair done by my friend and blog partner, Emilie. I arrived at her house with nothing on my face and my hair only washed from the previous day. We started the procedure by cleaning my face from all dead skin. I have to admit I had no idea it was something that needed to be done in order to apply make-up successfully. I figured out that I was still very much an apprentice when it comes to make-up. After all, I only started to wear make up for the past few months, I’ve always been more of the natural type. I don’t really like to stand out and I feel like wearing too much makeup isn’t always the best option. That’s probably why it took me so much time to finally commit to it. After we got rid of the dead skin, Emilie started my big makeover. I had no idea what I was going to look like but I knew Emilie was going to pull off something great. I asked her to give me a smokey eye because I wondered what it would look like on me. She used colors that complemented my eyes and I have to say that it looked stunning. My eyes popped a lot with the way she applied each layer with care and attention. Sadly, I can’t name all the products she used or even the steps we went through to make my makeover because I didn’t memorize everything. All I can say is that I thought it showcased another side of me, the side a little more glamorous and feminine. I was not used to looking at myself this way but I think it was an interesting change for once. I don’t think I’ve ever looked like that before and it gave me another perception of my facial features and what kind of look I can pull off.

Product listing and full look Here

As for my hairstyle, I have to say that I have very thick and long hair. It’s hard to play with them because they can’t stay in place if you don’t put lots of hairspray and bobby pins to keep them from moving. I originally wanted a bun but I soon realized it wasn’t an easy thing to do with my type of hair. If we tried it, I think I would have ended up with a huge headache at the end of the night and I didn’t want to go through this. Instead, we came up with an original ponytail that did the job perfectly. With just a little hairspray to keep the hair in place, I was ready to go. It was easy, practical and chic all at the same time. It’s definitely a hairstyle that I will keep in mind when I want to
 change things up from time to time.


Well, that’s it for my first article, folks! I hope you all enjoyed it! 
I will write a lot more stuff in a near future and it will probably go in a lot of directions so I think you are all in for a good ride with me! 

Also, don’t forget to leave a comment or leave suggestions for future articles! 
See you soon!

Audrey –xxx-


____________________________________________________

Tweet us if you liked Audrey's first article, show her some love on
 her instagram and don't forget to visit




Comments

Popular Posts