{Audrey} My weight loss story


I’ve never considered myself a big girl. A bit curvy? Well, sure. I have to admit that I have gained some weight in the past years due to stress with school and my past relationship that didn’t make me happy. I ended up finding some comfort in food. I didn’t realize it back then but I was definitely eating a bit more than I should and it was not always healthy. I was also not really active at all and I barely did any exercise. It resulted in me weighting the most I’ve ever did in my life. I wasn’t aware of it because I was blissfully ignoring the weight scale but I didn’t like what I was seeing in my pictures. It was not how I wanted to look at all. I remember looking at a picture of me at my sister-in-law’s baby shower and I found it horrible. I couldn’t believe I really looked like that. Later that same year, in fall 2013, I started going to the gym with my mom and my sister. My mom pushed me into it because she wanted to see me move a bit more. I agreed to it but I wasn’t the most enthusiastic person when I started the gym. Still, I went on with it because I liked my Zumba classes and I thought it was better than doing some machines all alone.

After almost a year of just doing Zumba, I started Spinning, which is a class where you get to ride a stationary bike in a room filled with loud music and you switch the intensity from low to high during an hour. That’s when I started to lose a lot of weight and everybody noticed it pretty fast. I dropped 15 pounds just this winter because of Spinning. I didn’t know that I could lose so much just by doing that but the results were there and I ended up going to this class three times a week, along with doing some machines and lifting some weights. Today, I must say I am currently weighting a bit under what I used to weight back in high school. It’s really funny to be back there again. It makes me feel incredibly proud of myself but also a bit paranoid to fall right back to my old patterns and gain everything back. That’s the cost I have to deal with every day. I cheat a little bit from time to time but I manage to keep my weight around the same numbers and I’m really grateful for that. After all this hard work, I really don’t want to put it all to waste with some cheap satisfaction over food. I really try to stay healthy and in good shape.



For those of you who can’t afford to go to a gym but would still want to keep in shape, here is what you can do:
-Go for a walk every single day for 30 minutes to an hour. It might sound way too simple or boring but it’s good for your cardio and you can benefit a lot from it in the long term.
-Drink a lot of water. It’s really a necessity. Drink as much as you can, even if you are not thirsty at all. It helps burn some fat, hydrate your body, clear your skin and it’s a better pick over caloric juices, energy drinks or soda.
-Do an exercise routine at least 3 times a week. You can find on the internet a lot of routines you can apply to your everyday life. Select one you feel would be the most appropriate for your situation and remember, don’t push yourself too hard. Go for something that really fits your abilities and upgrade your routine when you feel it’s the right time.
-Put more fruits & vegetables in your plate. I have learned that you can eat pretty much anything you want as long as you eat more fruits and vegetables than anything else.
-Take healthy snacks. If you are hungry, go for some almonds, a banana or some vegetables. You will feel pretty full and it will give you the energy to finish your day.
-Take every opportunity to get more active. If you need something at the grocery store, go walk over there. Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever you have the chance. Take your bike instead of your car if you want to go somewhere. Just find yourself some reasons to keep moving.

I think that with those few tips, it’s totally realistic for anyone to drop some weight easily. You just need to stick to your goal and do a little effort every day. I know it’s not always easy as I am not the most active girl in the world myself but with a bit of motivation, everything is possible. If I lost 25 pounds over the last year, you can do it too. Work out with your family or some friends, I think it’s a lot easier to motivate yourself when you are doing this with somebody else who understands you. When you are all alone, it’s tempting to cheat and fool yourself into believing that you did enough or that you can procrastinate from time to time. If it wasn’t for my family, I’m pretty sure I would have given up a long time ago. So remember, work hard and offer yourself a treat from time to time. I assure you it’s totally worth it and you won’t regret the hours you will spend into making yourself feel better in your own skin.


Audrey

____________________________________________________


Did you like Audrey's post ? Tweet us and show her some love on her instagram. 


Don't forget to visit


Comments

Popular Posts